Harbor Humane Society Hires Sarah Uzarski | Pets
West Olive—Harbor Humane Society and its Board of Directors are pleased to announce the addition of a second executive hire to the animal shelter. Sarah Uzarski (Hudsonville, Mich.) will join the team and commence the role of Development Director beginning August 23, 2014.
Ms. Uzarski enters into this new position with over five years of experience in educational and humane animal organizations. She will be aiding Harbor Humane Society through her fundraising, organizational and developmental skills to meet the following needs and responsibilities:
- Plan and implement a comprehensive plan to meet budget needs and reserves.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit contributions from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Develop and implement strategies for major gift and planned giving campaigns.
- Prepare all annual appeal mailings according to timelines and track results.
- Research potential grants and submit proposals for funding.
- Plan and carry out events for fundraising and donor recognition.
- Maintain accurate records on all fundraising programs including donor database management.
- Ensure events attract budgeted funds, promote positive public image, and raise community awareness of HHS.
- Solicit donations as needed for all events including in-kind and monetary contributions.
“We are excited to be able to include Sarah in our Team Harbor family of staff and volunteers. It has taken quite some time for our Board to complete the one/two punch with the hiring of our new Development Director as well as a new Operations Director,” stated Rick Homan, Board of Directors President. “The strength we have added to our organization should enable us to continue our vision of becoming a leader in animal welfare in West Michigan by providing a world-class animal care community center where unnecessary euthanasia is eliminated and there are no more homeless pets.”
Ms. Uzarski has experience in a variety of animal care environments that will equip her to be successful in the role of Development Director. Prior to this new role, she served two years as the Events and Volunteer Coordinator for Mackenzie’s Animal Sanctuary. She also held the title as the Outreach and Development Coordinator at the Humane Society of West Michigan and was a seasonal zoo instructor at the John Ball Zoological Garden of Kent County.
Ms.Uzarski is a graduate of Michigan State University where she earned a bachelor’s degree in Zoology.