Zeeland potbellied pig breaks world record | Pets
ZEELAND, Mich. (WZZM)-Zeeland is now home to the oldest living potbellied pig on record.
At 21 years and 14 days old, Mr. Chops broke the Guinness World Record on July 2. The previous record holder died after turning 21 years and 13 days old.
Mr. Chops lives at the Critter Barn in Zeeland. His owner, Mary Rottschafer, bought him as a piglet during the Ottawa County Fair. She says he's as stubborn and determined as a four-year-old child, but he's doing quite well.
Rottschafer says she filed paperwork to add Mr. Chops to the Guinness Book of World Records last week; however, it will take four to six weeks to confirm his place in history.
Upcoming Events near Holland - Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State
- My Town Wyoming: Health and Wellness Day returns to Metro Health Village July 31
- Crime spree suspect charged in Wyoming stabbing
- My Town Wyoming: Gordmans ribbon cutting celebration July 25
- Stabbing victim relieved crime wave suspects in custody
- Craigslist killer may have had multiple personality disorder