Our network

Join the National Marrow Donor Program Registry | Events

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Join the National Marrow Donor Program Registry
Events, Health, People
Join the National Marrow Donor Program Registry

Al Rotman has been married to his high school sweetheart, Jeanne (Nyeholt) for 39 years.  The Rotmans are members of Hillcrest CRC in Hudsonville.  Al has worked for Steelcase for 30 years; he is a Specialist Machine Tech in the Model Shop.  Together, Al & Jeanne enjoy going to Lake Michigan and watching the sunset while walking along the beach.  They love spending time with their 3 married children and 7 grandchildren.  It was 2 days before Christmas 2010 and just a few days before the  birth of their 7thgrandchild that Al was diagnosed with AML (acute Myeloid Leukemia).

Patients diagnosed with leukemia, lymphomas, other blood cancers, and immune system disorders will often require a marrow transplant.  Unfortunately, only 30% of patients in need of a marrow transplant will find a matched donor in their family.  The other 70% turn to the National Marrow Donor Program Registry to search for an unrelated donor.  Right now there are thousands of patients in the United States alone that can not find a marrow donor in their family or on the national Registry.  These patients must find a donor to have a chance at life.

If you are interested in joining the National Marrow Donor Program, please come to the marrow registry - this Marrow Donor Registration Drive is in honor of Al and all those who battle with the disease of cancer.  

To join, you only need to:

  • Be between the ages of 18 and 60
  • Be willing to donate to any patient in need
  • Meet the health guidelines
  • Make a $25 donation toward testing costs
  • Use a cheek swab kit - no blood is drawn!

For more information, please visit http://www.marrow.org/ or call 1-800-Marrow-2. 

Events, Health, People

Holland - Zeeland Deals