Robber holds up Macatawa Bank in Holland | News
HOLLAND, Mich. (WZZM) -- Authorities have set up a perimeter at the intersection of Butternut and James Street in Holland to track a bank robbery suspect.
An Ottawa County Central Dispatch supervisor tells WZZM 13 a man held up the Macatawa Bank, located at 489 Butternut Drive, around 3:35 p.m. Tuesday.
The robber told a teller he had a handgun and left with an undisclosed amount of cash. Witnesses say he ran out of the bank and headed northbound on Butternut Drive.
Police are searching in the area for a man wearing blue jeans, a hooded sweatshirt, sunglasses, a backpack, and a Chicago Bulls hat.
No one was hurt in the bank robbery.
Upcoming Events near Holland - Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State
- My Town Wyoming: Health and Wellness Day returns to Metro Health Village July 31
- Crime spree suspect charged in Wyoming stabbing
- My Town Wyoming: Gordmans ribbon cutting celebration July 25
- Stabbing victim relieved crime wave suspects in custody
- Craigslist killer may have had multiple personality disorder