Robber holds up Macatawa Bank in Holland | News
HOLLAND, Mich. (WZZM) -- Authorities have set up a perimeter at the intersection of Butternut and James Street in Holland to track a bank robbery suspect.
An Ottawa County Central Dispatch supervisor tells WZZM 13 a man held up the Macatawa Bank, located at 489 Butternut Drive, around 3:35 p.m. Tuesday.
The robber told a teller he had a handgun and left with an undisclosed amount of cash. Witnesses say he ran out of the bank and headed northbound on Butternut Drive.
Police are searching in the area for a man wearing blue jeans, a hooded sweatshirt, sunglasses, a backpack, and a Chicago Bulls hat.
No one was hurt in the bank robbery.
Upcoming Events near Holland - Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Loutit District Library announce Labor Day and winter hours
- Grand Haven rallies past Fruitport
- My Town: AgeWell of Muskegon and Loutit District Library team up for senior fitness program
- My Town Grand Haven: LDL to host free showing of Frank Lloyd Wright documentary Aug. 28
- Two hospitalized after Ottawa Co. crash