Robber holds up Macatawa Bank in Holland | News
HOLLAND, Mich. (WZZM) -- Authorities have set up a perimeter at the intersection of Butternut and James Street in Holland to track a bank robbery suspect.
An Ottawa County Central Dispatch supervisor tells WZZM 13 a man held up the Macatawa Bank, located at 489 Butternut Drive, around 3:35 p.m. Tuesday.
The robber told a teller he had a handgun and left with an undisclosed amount of cash. Witnesses say he ran out of the bank and headed northbound on Butternut Drive.
Police are searching in the area for a man wearing blue jeans, a hooded sweatshirt, sunglasses, a backpack, and a Chicago Bulls hat.
No one was hurt in the bank robbery.
Upcoming Events near Holland / Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL