Holland Hospital requiring flu shots for workers | News
HOLLAND, Mich. (WZZM) - A West Michigan hospital is changing its flu shot policy for workers, as the number of flu cases rises.
Holland hospital announced Friday that it will make flu shots mandatory for all of its employees, students and volunteers, starting this fall. The new guidelines also apply to workers at Lakeshore Health Partners and Holland Hospital Services.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, about 98% of health care workers get a flu shot when it is mandatory.
Four other West Michigan hospitals already require employees to get a flu vaccine, unless they sign a form explaining why they won't get the shot. They include Spectrum Health, Metro Health, North Ottawa Community Hospital, and Saint Mary's Health Care.
Mercy Health Partners does not require workers to get a flu shot but strongly encourages it.
Upcoming Events near Holland - Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Library summer reading clubs present kids’ wildlife programs July 22
- 2 Motorcyclists crash on Grand Haven Drawbridge
- My Town Grand Haven: School board candidate deadline nears
- My Town Grand Haven: Barbecue feast added to St. Patrick and St. Anthony Parish Festival Aug.15-16
- Grand Haven man pulls in record-setting fish