Holland to get battery research facilities | News
HOLLAND, Mich. (AP) -- Michigan is expected to get two new advanced battery research facilities as part of a partnership involving the U.S. Department of Energy.
The office of U.S. Sen. Debbie Stabenow of Michigan says a conference call is planned Friday afternoon with officials including Energy Secretary Steven Chu to discuss the project. She says one facility is planned for the southwestern Michigan city of Holland and the other is planned for Ann Arbor.
A statement from Stabenow's office says the centers are "further cementing Michigan's global leadership role in the advanced battery industry."
The Democrat authored legislation to create new coordinated national battery research facilities that bring together university and private sector research efforts.
Upcoming Events near Holland / Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL