Holland to get battery research facilities | News
HOLLAND, Mich. (AP) -- Michigan is expected to get two new advanced battery research facilities as part of a partnership involving the U.S. Department of Energy.
The office of U.S. Sen. Debbie Stabenow of Michigan says a conference call is planned Friday afternoon with officials including Energy Secretary Steven Chu to discuss the project. She says one facility is planned for the southwestern Michigan city of Holland and the other is planned for Ann Arbor.
A statement from Stabenow's office says the centers are "further cementing Michigan's global leadership role in the advanced battery industry."
The Democrat authored legislation to create new coordinated national battery research facilities that bring together university and private sector research efforts.
Upcoming Events near Holland - Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Grand Haven: Fire Barn Gallery exhibit opening April 17
- Methodist church in Grand Haven invites public to Holy Week services
- Coast Guard officer accused of assault