Zeeland man dies at Mason Co. deer camp | News
MASON COUNTY, Mich. (WZZM) - The Mason County Sheriff's Office reports that a 54-year-old Zeeland man was found dead a hunting camp Thursday morning.
Deputies were called to the camp on Tyndal Road north of Free Soil Road at about 8:30am Thursday for medical assistance.
Deputies say that the preliminary investigation shows the cause of the man's death is likely asphyxiation, caused by a propane heater used to warm the van the man was sleeping in.
A more detailed investigation is continuing. The man's name has not yet been released.
Upcoming Events near Holland - Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Grand Haven: Fire Barn Gallery exhibit opening April 17
- Methodist church in Grand Haven invites public to Holy Week services
- Coast Guard officer accused of assault