Zeeland man dies at Mason Co. deer camp | News
MASON COUNTY, Mich. (WZZM) - The Mason County Sheriff's Office reports that a 54-year-old Zeeland man was found dead a hunting camp Thursday morning.
Deputies were called to the camp on Tyndal Road north of Free Soil Road at about 8:30am Thursday for medical assistance.
Deputies say that the preliminary investigation shows the cause of the man's death is likely asphyxiation, caused by a propane heater used to warm the van the man was sleeping in.
A more detailed investigation is continuing. The man's name has not yet been released.
Upcoming Events near Holland - Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Library summer reading clubs present kids’ wildlife programs July 22
- 2 Motorcyclists crash on Grand Haven Drawbridge
- My Town Grand Haven: School board candidate deadline nears
- My Town Grand Haven: Barbecue feast added to St. Patrick and St. Anthony Parish Festival Aug.15-16
- Grand Haven man pulls in record-setting fish