UPDATE: Water main break in Holland buckling road | News
UPDATE: 5pm - Representatives from the Holland Board of Public Works say the break and road problems are not causing a hazzard to drivers.
The problem should be fixed by 8pm.
Officials say this is the fourth time in two weeks they have had to deal with a water main break.
HOLLAND, Mich. (WZZM) - Dispatchers in Ottawa County say a water main has broken in the 700 block of South Shore Drive in the city of Holland.
The break is causing the road to buckle just west of Graafschap Road. Right now, cars are still being allowed through.
The city's water department is on the way to take care of the problem.
We have a crew heading to the scene and we will bring you more information as soon as it becomes available.
Upcoming Events near Holland - Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.