Man to pay $10,000 for starting fire by cooking squirrel | News
HOLLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. - The fire that swept through a Holland Township apartment complex caused an estimated $1.4-million in damage.
Investigators say the October 10th fire at Clearview Apartments was started by a resident burning the fur off of a squirrel he planned to eat. The owner of the complex says it plans to hold the man responsible for the complex's $10,000 insurance deductible. She says cooking the animal outside on the deck violates the rental agreement.
Investigators ruled the fire accidental. It displaced 29 families.
Upcoming Events near Holland - Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State
- My Town Wyoming: Health and Wellness Day returns to Metro Health Village July 31
- Crime spree suspect charged in Wyoming stabbing
- My Town Wyoming: Gordmans ribbon cutting celebration July 25
- Stabbing victim relieved crime wave suspects in custody
- Craigslist killer may have had multiple personality disorder