Man to pay $10,000 for starting fire by cooking squirrel | News
HOLLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. - The fire that swept through a Holland Township apartment complex caused an estimated $1.4-million in damage.
Investigators say the October 10th fire at Clearview Apartments was started by a resident burning the fur off of a squirrel he planned to eat. The owner of the complex says it plans to hold the man responsible for the complex's $10,000 insurance deductible. She says cooking the animal outside on the deck violates the rental agreement.
Investigators ruled the fire accidental. It displaced 29 families.
Upcoming Events near Holland - Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coast Guard rescues man trying to kayak across Lake Michigan
- My Town: St. Patrick-St. Anthony's to host hospice talks Sept. 4
- My Town Grand Haven: Library hosts free workshop on how to take better photos
- My Town Grand Haven: Loutit District Library announce Labor Day and winter hours
- Grand Haven rallies past Fruitport