No Body Contact Advisory issued for Dunton Park Beach | News
OTTAWA COUNTY, Mich. (WZZM)- The Ottawa County Health Department has issued a no body contact advisory for Dunton Park Beach on Lake Macatawa. An algal bloom is the cause. You're advised to avoid any contact with the water until the advisory is lifted.
The Health Department says exposure of the algae on the skin can cause a rash, hives, or skin blisters. They say swallowing water can cause abdominal pain, diarrhea and vomiting. Inhaling water droplets can cause runny eyes and nose, a sore throat, asthma-like symptoms, or allergic reactions.
For additional information on blue-green algae click here to visit Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Upcoming Events near Holland - Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Mackinac Island painting series comes to Loutit District Library May 1
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17