'Shortest parade' held to celebrate summer | News
PARK TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- A lakeshore business celebrated the start of summer Friday with what its owners called "the shortest parade in the world."
The staff at the Ottawa Beach General Store organized the event to celebrate the end of the school year.
The parade route started on Ottawa Beach Road and First Avenue and ended one block later at Auburn Avenue.
Organizers say there are big advantages to a short parade.
"No one wants to be tied up in a parade for too long," says Linda Dykert. "We're going to celebrate get them through give them free ice cream and head them to the beach"
Organizers say the parade took about a month to plan.
Upcoming Events near Holland - Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Grand Haven: Fire Barn Gallery exhibit opening April 17
- Methodist church in Grand Haven invites public to Holy Week services
- Coast Guard officer accused of assault