Furniture makers focus on collaboration | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - The region's Big 3 office furniture makers are gearing up for their industry's big trade show in Chicago next week. It's called Neocon and about 40,000 designers, facility managers and more will fill the massive Merchandise Mart, seeing what's next for work space furniture.
For the biggest player, Steelcase, products will reflect the fact that "work has become more global, it's more mobile, it's 24/7 people are always on," according to spokesperson Chris Congdon.
Haworth's Raymond Kennedy told WZZM 13's Peter Ross this week: "People need tools and techniques and devices to help foster collaboration."
Haworth is rolling out a new family of chairs it calls "Lively."
At Herman Miller, updates to its Canvas platform of products will be unveiled. They emphasize places where people can meet and brainstorm on solutions, according to product manager Matt Sall.
Upcoming Events near Holland - Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Grand Haven: Fire Barn Gallery exhibit opening April 17
- Methodist church in Grand Haven invites public to Holy Week services
- Coast Guard officer accused of assault