UPDATE: Teen crashes on I-96 | News
IONIA COUNTY, Mich. (WZZM)- Alcohol is believed to be a factor in this morning's crash involving a Holland teenager on eastbound I-96.
The Ionia County Sheriff's Office says they were called to the crash near Morrison Lake Road at 2:07 a..m. Investigators say the 17-year-old lost control of his vehicle, struck and embankment and then several trees.
AeroMed flew the injured driver to Spectrum Hospital in Grand Rapids. His injuries are not considered life threatening.
The interstate reopened around 3:30 a.m.
Upcoming Events near Holland - Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Mackinac Island painting series comes to Loutit District Library May 1
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17