UPDATE: Teen crashes on I-96 | News
IONIA COUNTY, Mich. (WZZM)- Alcohol is believed to be a factor in this morning's crash involving a Holland teenager on eastbound I-96.
The Ionia County Sheriff's Office says they were called to the crash near Morrison Lake Road at 2:07 a..m. Investigators say the 17-year-old lost control of his vehicle, struck and embankment and then several trees.
AeroMed flew the injured driver to Spectrum Hospital in Grand Rapids. His injuries are not considered life threatening.
The interstate reopened around 3:30 a.m.
Upcoming Events near Holland / Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: GHHS student wins C-SPAN documentary award
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding