Zeeland BPW Experienced All-time Peak Electric Demand and Water Usage | Environment
Due to increased temperatures this past week the Zeeland Board of Public Works (BPW) experienced its 2012 peak hourly electrical demand and an all-time peak hourly demand at 72.3 megawatts on Tuesday, July 17. BPW’s previous all-time peak demand of 68.7 megawatts was experienced during June 2012. The BPW reaches its peak demand in the summer because of increased commercial and residential electricity use largely due to air conditioning. The BPW did not experience any outages or distribution problems due to the peak loadings.
Also due to increased temperatures and the lack of rainfall the (BPW) experienced its 2012 peak daily water usage and an all-time peak water usage of 9.90 million gallons in a day on Tuesday, July 17. BPW’s previous all-time peak water usage of 9.89 million gallons in a day was experienced July 7, 2012.
Upcoming Events near Holland - Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State
- My Town: Our Kitchen Table improves lives through the power of plants
- My Town Wyoming: Health and Wellness Day returns to Metro Health Village July 31
- Crime spree suspect charged in Wyoming stabbing
- My Town Wyoming: Gordmans ribbon cutting celebration July 25
- Stabbing victim relieved crime wave suspects in custody
- Craigslist killer may have had multiple personality disorder