Zeeland BPW Experienced All-time Peak Electric Demand and Water Usage | Environment
Due to increased temperatures this past week the Zeeland Board of Public Works (BPW) experienced its 2012 peak hourly electrical demand and an all-time peak hourly demand at 72.3 megawatts on Tuesday, July 17. BPW’s previous all-time peak demand of 68.7 megawatts was experienced during June 2012. The BPW reaches its peak demand in the summer because of increased commercial and residential electricity use largely due to air conditioning. The BPW did not experience any outages or distribution problems due to the peak loadings.
Also due to increased temperatures and the lack of rainfall the (BPW) experienced its 2012 peak daily water usage and an all-time peak water usage of 9.90 million gallons in a day on Tuesday, July 17. BPW’s previous all-time peak water usage of 9.89 million gallons in a day was experienced July 7, 2012.
Upcoming Events near Holland / Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: GHHS student wins C-SPAN documentary award
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding