Hope College gets $1M to support science education | Education
Title (Max 100 Characters)
HOLLAND, Mich. (AP) -- Hope College is getting $1 million to help develop ways to educate students in the natural and applied sciences.
The school in southwestern Michigan announced Thursday that the grant from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute supports its model of teaching through participation in original research.
Holland-based Hope College says the four-year grant is part of more than $50 million the institute has awarded to dozens of schools.
Upcoming Events near Holland - Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.