Clean Air Action Day means FREE fixed route bus rides tomorrow, Sat. June 9 | Community Spirit
Please be advised that the Macatawa Area Express (MAX) Transportation Authority for the greater Holland/Zeeland area will offer FREE fixed route bus rides tomorrow (June 9) because it has been declared a Clean Air Action Day (formerly Ozone Action Day) by the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ).
Clean Air Action Days are declared by air pollution control agencies when air pollutants rise to levels that are unhealthy for sensitive groups. Residents are encouraged to use walk, bike, ride share, trip plan, and use public transit instead of driving a single occupant vehicle. For tips on how to reduce harmful emissions on high air pollutant days, visit the West Michigan Clean Air Coalition’s website at www.wmcac.org.
MAX transit offers free fixed route bus rides on all Clean Air Action Days, Earth Day, and all designated election days in Michigan. For bus schedules and times, visit www.catchamax.org.
Upcoming Events near Holland / Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL