Streets of downtown Holland filled on 'Live Mannequin Night' | News
HOLLAND, Mich. (WZZM) -- A total of 45 businesses participated in Live Mannequin Night by hosting live mannequins in their windows and storefronts.
More than 100 volunteers from the community posed as mannequins, each representing this year's music-based theme. The mannequins represented singers and bands to song lyrics, composers and musicals.
A panel of judges evaluated each of the live mannequin displays and awarded prizes to the mannequins in the following categories: Best Storefront, Most Creative, Best Mannequin (Male and Female), and Best Overall.
More than 4,000 people attended the event and were invited to place their votes for their favorite live mannequins for the People's Choice Award. The overall winner of the People's Choice Award was Crane's In The City, with 285 votes.
The award for Best Overall live mannequin display went to Reader's World. Jason and Jeri Howe portrayed Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash, while their children Hannah and Lucas posed as two children listening to the Grand Ole Opry broadcasting live on the radio.
Upcoming Events near Holland - Zeeland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Area state parks awarded life-saving beach kits
- My Town: Library summer reading clubs present kids’ wildlife programs July 22
- 2 Motorcyclists crash on Grand Haven Drawbridge
- My Town Grand Haven: School board candidate deadline nears
- My Town Grand Haven: Barbecue feast added to St. Patrick and St. Anthony Parish Festival Aug.15-16